The churma laddoos are made by rolling churma, a sweet whole flour mixture into laddoos. When I was a kid, my mom used to make these laddoos on every festive occasion. As festive season is around the corner, I just made a batch and thought of sharing it with you all. It’s very simple and easy to make. Give it a try for this little-upgraded laddoo recipe.
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup besan/chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup rava/sooji
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cup oil for frying
- 1/2tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2tsp Nutmeg powder
- A handful of dry fruits
- 1 tsp khus khus
How to Make Churma Mixture
- In a large mixing bowl take whole wheat flour, chickpea flour, and sooji/rava.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tbsp oil and 1/2 cup warm water. Mingle all ingredients and knead into dough. The dough should be hard so that it will be spoil while frying.
- Now take a portion of wheat flour dough in hand. Press hard and make Muthia shapes from dough. Keep aside.
- Repeat the process for remaining wheat flour dough and make muthia. Keep aside.
- Then fry the Muthia in the oil. The flame should be medium and don’t let oil turn too hot. let the Muthia cooked completely from inside and turn into brown. Let the Muthias cooldown.
- Break the Muthias into pieces and further grind them in a food processor into the fine powder. Your churma mixture is ready.
How to make Churma Laddoo
- Add the cardamom and nutmeg powder in churma mixture. Add dry fruits. This is however optional.
- Then melt ghee in a pan and add powdered sugar. As soon as it starts floating on ghee, turn off the gas.
- Pour the melted mixture into churma mixture.
- Mingle all the ingredients and make a nice aromatic churma mixture.
- Then make churma laddoos from churma by pressing it in a laddoo mold or you can use any shape to make it attractive. Use khus khus to garnish if you like.
- Churma laddoo is ready to serve.
Hope you like it.